East Lincoln Christian Ministry is a non-profit organization and organized a group of individuals who saw a need to serve the community. ELCM began serving the community in 1983. ELCM started with $500 seed money, and a vision of meeting individual needs within the East Lincoln Community by unity of churches and community. We presently receive financial support from area churches, civic organizations, local businesses and individual contributions. East Lincoln Christian Ministry, Inc. is registered with the Federal Government as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
East Lincoln Christian Ministry, Inc. is governed by a Board of Directors that meets quarterly to monitor the activities, programs and services provided by each area of ministry. All churches in the East Lincoln area are welcome to become part of this cooperative venture. We provide counseling assistance, and qualify the individuals we provide support for. ELCM offers various types of assistance, and counseling to those in a crisis situation, until they are able to find stability in their lives.
As the needs in our community continue to grow, we are committed to evolving to meet the necessities of all who require a “hand up” during their time of crisis.
The donations from our community sustain the “Assistance Closet” which generates 80% of our income. Approximately 6% of our income is from supporting churches. The balance is individual, civic organizations and business contributions.
The last fiscal year we provided the following:
- 2900 full baskets of food to crisis clients (over 8000 individuals)
- 1000 households served at the six mobile food pantries
- 200+Easter baskets for children 10 years and under
- 250+ holiday meals for families at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 1500 Christmas gifts to children, elderly and disabled
- 90 individuals served by volunteer dentist on the dental bus
- 300+book bags loaded with school supplies for students
- 775 families assisted financially for utility, housing and medical expenses
- 15,000 hot meals delivered to elderly/homebound by 200+ volunteer drivers
- 300+items of furniture, appliances or household goods to crisis clients
EAST LINCOLN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY, INC.